Monday, June 16, 2008

Weekend with Jacob

My dad died four years ago tonight. Right near Father's Day. For the past three Father's Days, I've had a little distraction to keep me thinking positive during that holiday.

I will always be a little sad on Father's Day, and I'll never forget going through that first Father's Day after dad died in shock just a day or two before the funeral. But, ever since 2006, I have enjoyed the holiday as the daddy and it's nice.

This year Jen and I took Jacob to the zoo. He loved watching the monkeys. We had a nice relaxing day (as much as possible for a trip to the zoo on a holiday weekend). We got to see a Tiger come right up to the window. Jacob was fascinated, and a little scared. That was Saturday. On Sunday, I just relaxed and played with the little guy.

Tonight, I took some pictures of us after a particularly rough game of "ball." "Ball" really has no rules. We just play with the ball. The one's with him in red are from tonight.







Jacob makes Father's Day special.

No comments: